Thomas Somers and I have the great honor and pleasure to invite you to our annual Congress of the Belgian Society of ORL, Head and Neck Surgery on December 17-18, 2021 at the beautiful venue of the Flanders Convention Center in Antwerp. The Convention center unique location is next to the Belle Epoque railway station and the Antwerp magnificent Zoo.
This Congress will finally take place "life" again and we hope to see many of you at this annual scientific highlight event.
The topic of the congress will be: "In a world with Covid, let's think out of the box".
As the title suggests, we will not only deal with the classic topics, but we will also present you some interesting themes of reflection, new visions of the future in ENT and medicine as well as some unusual but surely very instructive sessions.
We will have an ethic session on both congress days, important for your accreditation.
We will also have the pleasure to host at the same time the joint congress of the Belgian and Netherland Audiology Societies.
To ensure the safety of us all, the Covid safe pass will be requested.
Many companies have already agreed with their presence and sponsorship and will contribute by the renewed contacts with the ENT-colleagues to make this event interesting and most enjoyable.
So please save the dates of 17 and 18 December 2021 in your diaries, talk about it to your ENT-colleagues, and we hope to see you all again in a warm and safe atmosphere.
You will be able to make online registration from november 1th
We will do our very best to make this first meeting in "life" as pleasant and interesting as possible.
See you soon in Antwerp,
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE:
IN A WORLD WITH COVID: LET’S THINK OUT OF THE BOX
Session Topics & Keynote lectures
Friday 17 December 2021
- Cochlear implants : Cochlear electrode insertion: Be guided
- Keynote lecture : Why Cochlear implant patients are not able to appreciate the cello sonatas of J.S. Bach
- Head and neck oncology
- Noise exposure
- Pharyngolaryngeal reflux
- E-health & digitization : a curse or a blessing for the ENT specialist?
- Report of RBS-ENT-KBV : Endoscopic ear surgery
Saturday 18 December 2021
- ENT and pneumology collaboration in the management of airway disease
- Anosmia and Covid-19
- Coaching attitudes in communication for medical doctors (French & Dutch)
- Keynote lecture : Future of medicine in the ENT specialty
- New tools
- What is new in diagnosis and treatment of sleep-disordered breathing